The Grand Hotel has 2 golf courses, 20,000 square feet European style Spa, 10 tennis courts, large marina for all size boats and Yachts, plus 3 exceptional pool areas to lounge. The Grand Hotel is located in the town of Point Clear on the Mobile Bay. The hotel was originally built over 170 years ago in 1847. During the Civil war the hotel was used as a base camp hospital for confederate soldiers. In 1944 the property was turned over to the Army Air force for the use as its Maritime Training School. In 1955 the hotel was acquired by Mclean Industries and formed the present Grand Hotel Company. In the 1980’s the Marriott Corporation bought the Grand Hotel and has since made many major renovations and additions. A daily patriotic military salute and cannon firing started in 2008 and continues today to honor the military influence.
Find more details here: Grand Hotel Marriot